The Best Criminal DefenseIs an Excellent Criminal Defense Attorney
As an Assistant District Attorney in New York City, I worked on thousands of criminal cases learning the ins and outs of the New York criminal justice system. As a criminal defense attorney I learned that justice isn’t always served. That’s especially true if the accused doesn’t know his or her rights, doesn’t understand the process and doesn’t have the right advocate.
I left the New York County District Attorney’s office and formed The Law Firm of Andrew M. Stengel to help ensure that those accused of crimes in New York City, Nassau, Westchester and the surrounding counties have access to experienced, knowledgeable and aggressive representation.
As a private criminal defense attorney, I take pride in holding the prosecution to its burden of proof and ensuring that rights of my clients are protected, no matter the degree of seriousness of the charge crimes
As a cum laude graduate of Albany Law School, former Editor-in-Chief of the Albany Government Law Review, and a former Manhattan Assistant District Attorney, I have the training, knowledge and experience you’re looking for in a criminal defense lawyer. Just as important, I am invested in working toward the best possible outcome for every criminal defense client.
If you’ve been charged with a crime, call my office today to learn more about how I’ll put my experience to work for you.
Why Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney?
The criminal justice system is complex and can be intimidating and confusing. Those who are unaware of the process are at serious disadvantage. A private defense attorney will take the time to explain every step of the way and be available to answer questions and concerns. A seasoned private criminal defense attorney will:
- Explain the process so that you’ll know exactly what to expect;
- Manage deadlines, filing requirements and other technical aspects of the case;
- Assess your case and determine the best approach under your specific circumstances;
- Interview witnesses and otherwise investigate your case;
- Negotiate with the prosecutor on your behalf;
- Evaluate the prosecution’s evidence to assess the strength of the case against you;
- Service subpoenas to obtain crucial evidence;
- Advise you of ramifications of a plea or conviction that might not be obvious; and
- Minimize the stress associated with a criminal charge by ensuring that you have the information you need, as well as a dedicated advocate at your side.
Why Hire Me?
People who have never worked with an attorney before may believe that all lawyers are created equal. Just as in any profession, lawyers have varying levels of skill, experience and commitment. As your criminal defense lawyer, I’ll give you:
- The benefit of my experience with the criminal courts, as both a prosecutor and a criminal defense attorney;
- My personal attention, from the beginning of your case through resolution—no handing you off to subordinates;
- Clear explanations—I know that being arrested is a jarring and disorienting experience, and my goal is to give the peace of mind that comes with knowing what to expect;
- Aggressive representation—I’ve spent much of my legal career in the courtroom, and I’m not afraid to fight for your rights and your future.
You don’t have to face criminal charges alone, and you shouldn’t rely on the first attorney whose name appears on Google. You want an ally who understands your concerns and is prepared to fight for you. I strive to provide the same high-quality representation to all of my clients.